Very similarly to the barbell Push Jerk, we are aiming to drop under the dumbells as we press them up (but only after the hips are fully extended). This makes it easier to lift more weight, as the arms don’t need to work as hard.
Points Of Performance
- Stand on feet with hip-width apart
- Dumbbells rest on the shoulders
- Elbows slightly in front of the body in level with the shoulders
- Torso dips straight down
- Hips and legs extend rapidly then press under
- Receive the dumbbells in a partial overhead squat
- Heels stay down until hips and legs extend
- Dumbbells move over the middle of both feet
- Complete at full hip, knee and arm extension.