The Dumbbell Push Press is where we dip and drive from the heels in order to generate momentum with the hip extension, thereby making it easier to press up with the arms. As well as providing more instability, using dumbbells can be more comfortable for those who are tight in the shoulders as you don’t have hold the arms in the same position as you would when holding a barbell. You can rotate the shoulder slightly if needs be.
Points Of Performance
- Stand on feet with hip-width apart
- Dumbbells rest on the shoulders
- Elbows slightly in front of the body in level with the shoulders
- Torso dips straight down
- Heels down, hips and legs extend, then press
- Dumbbells move over the middle of both feet
- Complete at full hip, knee and arm extension.